Esperanza Spalding prefers her hair all natural using hair products

American jazz singer Esperanza Spalding has revealed she prefers natural hair care.

The star is well known for her beautiful afro hair and told Essence magazine she doesn’t want to over-style her hair and use a lot of chemical products but just using some natural products like the best products for hair growth.

“Embracing and freely wearing my natural hair is like a form of self-expression,” she told the magazine.
“I don’t have any desire to make it straight; it doesn’t speak to who I am as a person. I’ve been natural my entire life!”

Esperanza, 26, told the mag that it was her mother who encouraged her to stay natural rather than messing about with her curly hair.

The singer, whose work has been recognised with the Grammy Award, says it’s best to leave her hair to its own devices.

“My mother didn’t believe in relaxers and vowed never to put lye on her child’s scalp. I’ve never had a relaxer and I never will,” she said.

“I just let it do what it wants.”